Pre-Registration Required for Virtual Town Hall meeting
Submitting Questions and Comments in advance is encouraged
If you have feedback following the Virtual Town Hall meeting, the public
comment period will be open until July 28, 2020.
You can share your thoughts in 3 ways:
Purpose of Town Hall
The Town Hall offers a chance for the public to review plans and ask questions before a significant project goes to Council for consideration. Town Halls are facilitated and documented by a third-party facilitator (not a member of the core project team).
Due to covid-19, this Town Hall will be held virtually, rather than in person. It will meet all the same objectives as a regular Town Hall meeting.
Components of Town Hall
How to Participate
- Register with Name, Email, Address. A “Zoom” link to the meeting will be sent to you.
- If you don’t have a computer, schedule a meeting with Cascadia Green to review plans
- Submit questions and comments you want answered in advance of the Town Hall.
Virtual Town Hall – How Will it Work?
- Due to physical distancing requirements, this Town Hall will be held virtually.
- Information about the project is available for two weeks prior to the Town Hall to give you a chance review the material in advance.
- If you do not have access to a computer, please contact Cascadia Green Development. A representative will schedule an appointment with you to go through the application materials in person. For safety, please wear a mask – we will do the same.
- The Town Hall will be held virtually, via a “Zoom” meeting. You must register to participate: this is similar to asking people to sign in for a physical Town Hall. A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent to you when you register.
- The Town Hall will begin with a presentation by the Cascadia Green team.
- Questions and comments submitted in advance will be read by the Facilitator. The Cascadia Green team will respond to the question or comment. First names of the person who submitted the question or comment will be identified, to help people recognize when their question or comment is being addressed. This process will allow us to respond efficiently to as many people and questions as we can.
- City staff will attend the meeting as observers. If there is a particular City policy, process, or bylaw question, it may be directed to City staff.
- During the meeting, participants may submit additional questions and comments using the “Chat” function in Zoom. Once all the questions and comments submitted in advance have been responded to, time permitting, the rest of the meeting will be spent reading and responding to the questions submitted via Chat.
We cannot guarantee that there will be time to respond to all questions and comments submitted via Chat during the meeting. If a comment or question is important to you, we recommend that you submit the question in advance via this web site.
You can also leave your feedback and comments by calling us at dedicated number below:
Please be sure to leave your Name, Number and Address so we can record your feedback accordingly.